Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hectic Week

I'm sure most parents will agree with me, the month of June is down right CRAZY!!!  The school year is coming to an end, and it seems more and more projects are coming about.  I just got a notice home yesterday  Adam will be in an end of the year play.  GREAT, right??? Well now I have to make him a fox costume for his role as Foxy Loxy from Chicken Little.  It never ends.

I know it will only get harder as the boys get older, with more involvement in different activities.  The other item I am preparing for is Adam's 6th birthday party this weekend.  Now Adam really won't turn six until July, but he really wanted a friends birthday party.  We are always back in our hometown for his birthday, and he doesn't have the  opportunity to celebrate with his school friends.  So after he gave a bunch of logical reasons why he should have a party early, we gave in.  He gave a really good argument ;o) 

Then I asked him, "What kind of party do you want?"  He replied almost instantly, "Magic!"  So I started my online search for magical ideas and party supplies.  To my surprise, there were plenty of ideas, and I came up with a few of my own.  The only other request was for a rainbow cake, similar to the cupcakes I made in March.

Next week I will post the entire party.  I have ideas for decorations, activities, party favors, food, and of course the cake!  Have a safe and sane rest of the week, and I will see you soon with our magical festivities.

p.s.  I also have company coming this weekend too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment