Monday, November 12, 2012

My Words Come Back to Haunt Me

Sunday is Brandon's birthday!  I can't believe my baby is turning 5 years old.  This year he wants a Cars birthday.  So I have the Lightning McQueen cake pan for his actual birthday, but for school he wanted cookies.  Cars cookies!

I saw cutters from William-Sonoma and order them.  I thought I would just make a plain sugar cookie, stamp them out, and be done.  They looked really cute with the impression of the characters.   Then Brandon saw the box, where they were piped and iced.  He asked if I could do that.  I hesitated and told him, I didn't think so, it looked real complicated. 

His response to me:  "Mommy, I don't care if you mess them up, but could you just TRY."  This is what we tell our kids all the time, just try.  My words have come back to haunt me.  So, last night I got really brave, and tried.

I think they came out pretty darn well.  We have Lightning McQueen and Finn McMissile ready to go for school.



No comments:

Post a Comment