Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Amy's Grasshopper Pie

December's Project Pie is here.  I originally intended to share my pecan pie recipe, but I forgot to take a picture.  Then I was chatting with my friend Amy, and remembered she was making her grasshopper pie for Thanksgiving.  I asked her nicely to take a picture and share the recipe.  She delivered, so here it is.  Doesn't it look so yummy? It's perfect for the upcoming holiday season!



 
Grasshopper Pie
 
1 Oreo Cookie crust (store bought)
24 large marshmallows
2/3 cup of milk
1 1/2 ounces creme de menthe
1 1/2 ounce creme de cocoa
1 cup heavy whipping cream
 
Melt marshmallows with milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat when completely melted. Mix in creme de menthe and creme de cocoa until well blended. Pour into container and refrigerate until cold.
 
Once mixture is cold, whip heavy cream until stiff. Fold into chilled mixture and pour into prepared pie crust. Back into the fridge for at least two hours. Serve with additional sweetened whipped cream. You may also garnish with chocolate curls if you wish.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment