Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Triple Chocolate Chip Muffins

Do you ever fantasize about what you would do if you won the lottery?  I do.  I have a life long dream of opening a bakery/cafe.  I would love to have a showcase of everyday treats like cookies, brownies, and cupcakes.  Then I would have a luncheon menu featuring salads, sandwiches and soups.  The cafe would only be open until about 3 p.m.  Allowing some free time in the evenings for family. 

Well until I hit the lottery or come across a benefactor, I spend my time perfecting recipes.  I also try out new baking equipment.  Today, I baked triple chocolate chip muffins in my new Rachael Ray square muffin pan. 

The muffins were a success among the men in the house.  Moist and chocolaty, what more can you ask for!  Please give these a try, and who knows maybe someday you will find them in a showcase of my bakery.  What are your dreams? Linking to these parties.

recipe

2 c. flour
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs
6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. plain low-fat yogurt or sour cream
1/4 c. milk chocolate chips
1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. white chocolate chips

Sift together dry ingredients, make a well and set aside.  In a another bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients.  With a spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry, until just mixed.  Fold in the chocolate.  Scoop into 12 muffin cups and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes.  Allow to cool on a cooling rack.  Store in an airtight container.







No comments:

Post a Comment