Monday, November 15, 2010

Cupcake Cookies

Thursday marks a very special day in our house.  It's my baby's third birthday.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone, and how much I have enjoyed the last three years.  That being said, I am starting to prepare for his cupcake extravaganza. 

As mentioned before, Brandon in obsessed with cupcakes.  He is having a giant cupcake birthday cake, and I have all kinds of cupcake decorations.  But for his snack day at school, I wanted to do something a little different.  While he loves his cupcakes, sometimes those bite size morsels of cake and frosting can be quite messy for three year olds.   So for his snack at school, I have made cupcake cookies.  The icing is hardened and sure to be less of a mess for the teachers.  Also this recipe is peanut free, which we always keep in mind due to an allergy in his class.

I followed the same steps as previously posted in ghostly treats.  The only difference is I used  cupcake cutter.  I piped the royal icing border and let it dry for about an hour. Then I flooded the cookie with the white icing for the top and allowed it to dry for about 30 minutes.  Meanwhile, I tinted the icing for the wrapper portion of the cookie blue (Brandon's favorite color), and allowed the icing to rest to minimize air bubbles.  Finally, I flooded the bottom of the cookie and allow to dry overnight before wrapping in treat bags. 

Check back on Wednesday for a sweet smoothie and on Thursday to see Brandon's birthday bash!

Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment