Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bisquick Scones

My boys love when I make "stones" for breakfast.  They really mean scones.  Although, stones may be an appropriate name for these little biscuity treats if they are not made right.  There are a lot of fabulous scratch recipes for them, but sometimes you just want the convenience of a baking mix. 

I have been flooded with requests for recipes that use cake mixes or baking mixes.  For a lot of people scratch baking can be unfamiliar territory.  I can go either way.  I have a lot of scratch recipes and a ton of baking mix recipes.  I personally don't have a major problem using mixes.  I use the Bisquick Heart smart baking mix, which has the American Heart Association check mark. 

I have adapted this recipe from the Bisquick cookbook for Raisin Scone Sticks.  I make them with any number of ingredients, including my boys favorite, chocolate chips.  I have also used cranberries with orange zest, white chocolate walnut, apricot walnut, the list is endless.  These would also be a great addition to your traditional cookie platter this holiday season.

recipe

2 1/2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. skim milk
1/4 c. plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. mix ins, chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Mix all ingredients until a soft dough forms.  Dust your work surface with more Bisquick.  Scoop dough on to work surface and add a touch more Bisquick to the top. Pat into a 9 inch round and using a pizza cutter, cut into 8 wedges.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, brush with egg wash (egg substitute with a scant amount of water).  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment