My mom has a huge collection of teacups she no longer wants. She was going to just sell them, but I persuaded her to let me have them and put a crafty spin on it. After browsing Pinterest, I found this really cute idea to make them into pin cushions.
Using fabric remnants, batting, and a little tacky glue, VIOLA! These are perfect for anyone who sews, or just a cute little decoration tucked into a nook.
needle and thread
- Simply cute a circle of fabric twice the circumference of the teacup.
- Run a basting stitch along the outside of the circle and gather slowly.
- Fill the gathered material with batting until smooth and firm.
- Stitch the fabric circle closed and apply a little glue to the inside of the teacup.
- Nestle the fabric puff into the teacup.
I did not glue the cup to the saucer, but you could if you wanted it all in once piece. I would use a ceramic or glass glue for that.
The saucer also makes a great place to place bobbins, thimbles, or any other small notion while working on a project!