Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fiesta Chicken


We love Mexican food in our house.  Well, I should say Jay and I love Mexican food, the boys are learning to like it.  I've been able to get the boys to eat chicken tacos.  That was a huge victory. So a few weeks ago, I made tacos but then had left over guacamole, shredded lettuce, and salsa. 

For most meals, Jay and I will eat leftovers, but I ran out of the taco meat.  What did I do??  I defrosted a chicken breast and made a fiesta chicken sandwich.  Yummy!

ingredients  (makes 2 sandwiches)

2 kaiser rolls
1 6 oz chicken breast
2 to 3 tbsp. guacamole
2 to 3 tbsp. salsa
1/4 c. shredded Monterrey jack cheese
shredded lettuce

Simply butterfly the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper (I add a little sprinkle of cumin too).  In a non-stick skillet, cook the chicken until no longer pink (about 8 to 10 minutes).  Divide the cheese over the chicken and allow to melt.

Then the rest is just assembly.  I split and toasted the rolls.  Finally just pile up your favorite taco toppings.  I used guacamole, salsa,  and shredded lettuce.



It's a fabulous and quick way to use up leftover ingredients from Mexican night!

No comments:

Post a Comment