Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Use For Cake Pop Pan

I have a lot of specialty pans.  I don't mind having different pans for different purposes.  I keep them stored in a large tote in our basement.  Yes, I actually do use all of my pans.

However, I do like to find different uses for pans.  This morning, I decided to make doughnut holes for breakfast using my new cake pop pan.  I searched for a cake doughnut recipe that can be baked in the oven. 

I will be honest, the first batch, were ok but not great.  I adjusted the oven temperature, and baking time and the second batch was much better.  I also have a disclaimer, if you are looking for a taste similar to a fried doughnut, this is not for you.  It definetly bears more similarity to a muffin texture.  The kids and Jay liked them, and they were simple enough to make, so I thought I would share them :)
Linking to these parties.


recipe (yields 3 dozen)

2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. vegetable oil


Glaze

2 c. powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp. milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray your cake pop pan with baking spray that contains flour (this is a tip from the manufacturer).  Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl.  In another bowl or large measuring cup combine the wet ingredients.  Slowly add the wet to the dry and mix with a large spatula until combined.

Using a small cookie scoop, or about 2 teaspoons full of batter, fill each well in the pan.  Place the lid on it and secure the clips.




Bake for 15 to 16 minutes.  Allow to cool about a minute and remove the top of the pan.  Place on a cooling rack. 

In a large measuring cup, combine the ingredients for the glaze.  Add a tablespoon of milk at a time until you reached your desired consistency.  Don't worry if the glaze is too thin, just add a little more sugar.


Submerge the doughnut holes in the glaze.  With a fork pull the doughnut from the glaze and tap it lighlty on the top of the measuring cup. This will allow the excess glaze to run off.

Allow to dry on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.  The glaze will drip onto the cookie sheet, making clean up easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment