This is very simple and can be done in the microwave, but I chose to make them just like mom. Of course you can doll them up with nuts or poach them in cider or little liqueur. I kept it simple, just apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter. I put them in the oven right after dinner, and an hour later the apples were perfect. My mouth was watering, and I was back in my mom's kitchen.
What memories do you have that you find comfort in???
The measurements here are approximate, it all depends on the size of your apple.
- Core your apple. Firmer apples work better. Place in an oven safe dish.
- Fill the cavity with brown sugar, about 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, about 1/4 teaspoon.
- Dot with a pat of butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree for approximately 1 hour.