Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apple Picking

Yesterday I took the kids apple picking.  This was a first for Brandon and myself.  Adam went last year on a school field trip and was a pro.  We pulled up to the orchard right at 9 am, the first cutomers of the day.  The farmer gave us our bags, explained what varieties he had, and sent us on our way.

After a short 20 minutes, the boys had picked 21 pounds of apples.  I was impressed and a bit tired, seeing I was the one carrying the apples.  So we took it back to the stand, paid our $14.00 (good deal for all those apples), and headed for home.

Now I have a delicious mix of honey crisps, Fuji, Macintosh, Jonathan gold, and red delicious.  I have so many recipes floating around for apples.  On today's agenda, just a simple apple pie, my mom's apple pie to be exact.  I posted this recipe last November, but here it is again.  It's simple, delicious, and a crowd pleaser.

Mom's Apple Pie




No comments:

Post a Comment