Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cake Balls

I am packing up the house and working my way through the pantry and freezer.  I saw some chocolate I needed to use up, so I decided to make cake pops.  Then I got tired, so I decided to make cake balls instead.  It's the same thing, just no lollipop stick.

I used vanilla cake, tinted pink and then decorated with milk chocolate with a red drizzle.  Truly a Valentine inspired cake treat.  Then three lucky recipients got the cake balls delivered to them this afternoon.

Here's I how made them:

1 vanilla cake mix, prepared as directed on package
3 cups of milk chocolate wafers
1/2 c. red candy wafers

Simply prepare the cake mix and using the cake pop pan or machine, prepare cake balls.  Allow to cool on a rack.

Meanwhile, in a double boiler melt the milk chocolate.  Dip cake balls into the chocolate removing with a fork to allow excess chocolate to drip off.  Allow to set on a wax paper lined pan.

After the milk chocolate is set, melt the red candy wafers in the microwave until just melted, about 2 minutes in 30 second intervals.  Using a fork, drizzle the red over the cake balls.


Allow to harden completely.  Then I boxed them up and off they went.


Yes, I photographed it on top of a moving box!

No comments:

Post a Comment