Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies (Cookie Corner)

I have be to honest, this Cookie Corner almost didn't happen.  I started out wanting to make a cookie that resembled a pecan pie.  I tried several different recipes, and none of them worked.  Most of them came out more like a candy bar (while delicious, but not a pecan pie).  So at the last minute, I tweaked a chocolate chip cookie recipe. 

The result is a cakey brownie like cookie.  I have received excellent reviews on them, so I termed the final outcome a success, despite all the issues I had.

Then I forgot to take the picture for the blog before handing out my samples.  So I have a sad little picture of three remaining cookies in my Lock & Lock container.  Please forgive me.  Oh I also included a picture of my checkerboard birthday cake from last week, just for fun :)



recipe

2 sticks of butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 box chocolate pudding mix, I used sugar-free
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1 c. chopped pecans

Cream together, butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla until well blended.  Add pudding and mix. Sift flour and baking soda, add to butter mixture slowly.  Once combined add chocolate chips and pecans, fold until well combined.

Drop cookies by teaspoons onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.  Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 12 minutes.  Allow to cool on a rack.  Store in an airtight container for several days.



No comments:

Post a Comment