Thursday, July 21, 2016

Adam Fruit Smoothie

We have been busy this week with Vacation Bible School.  The boys are attending and having fun, while I am helping to supervise another age group.  Being busy and the hot weather has sort of killed our appetites this week.

Dinners have been very light, maybe just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or in tonight's case a fruit smoothie with protein bites.

Before dinner the boys and I went for a walk.  On the walk, Brandon told me he wasn't hungry.  I thought for a moment and felt the same.  Adam on the other hand is always hungry.  I knew I had to feed him and Brandon should eat something, so we started brainstorming.  I had protein bites in the fridge that I made yesterday, so I suggested a smoothie to go along with them.

Brandon has his "Brandon Smoothie", which is a chocolate peanut butter smoothie he knows how to make by heart.  Adam asked what fruit I had, and he started thinking. (He has become quite the smoothie enthusiast ever since his fifth grade teacher introduced the class to all the smoothie possibilities.)  So Adam came up with banana, strawberries, pineapple, and apple.  It sounded pretty good, and you know what?? It was delicious!  So Adam named this particular combination the "Adam Smoothie".

recipe

1 frozen banana
1/4 c. frozen pineapple chunks
1/4 c. fresh strawberries
1 small apple, cored and chopped
1 c. water

Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.  You may need to add a bit more water to get the desired consistency.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment