Friday, October 1, 2010

Cupcake Spotlight the October Edition

I have to admit this month's cupcake original cake recipe was nixed halfway through the process. I wanted the cake to have an apple taste, so I made a scratch yellow cake and added apple pie spice. What I wound up with was a typical spice cake, not the flavor combination I was looking for. So after much deliberating, I decided to try another cake about a week ago.  In that one I used a boxed yellow cake mix, and added applesaue and apple cider. The outcome was an apple cake that was moist and had a true apple taste, success!

I kept the same frosting and came up with a cute Halloween inspired idea. My inspiration for this one was Adam, and his favorite Halloween candy....candy corn. This decoration, is simple to make, and requires just a few extra minutes when frosting. So, check out the cupcake spotlight page for the full recipe and tips. Remember, the recipe is only up for the month of October.



Sneak Peak:  If you like pumpkin then don't miss November's cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment