Monday, August 16, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup

In honor of my hometown and my recent trip I decided to post my recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup.  There is a restaurant called Danny's that has a soup that is delicious, spicy & bold called Chicken Wing Soup.  I had it at the Taste of Buffalo and have enjoyed it.  About a year ago, my husband's work had a "Souper Bowl". (Basically a contest of the best soups) I entered my version of chicken wing soup and came in a respectable second place.  The recipe has gone under many transformations from the original test pilot. I think the most recent version is pretty balanced in flavor and texture.  It can be made on the stove top, but honestly the easiest way is to pour all the ingredients in a crock pot and forget about it.  If you wish to cook it on the stove, just simmer the veggies first until they are soft and then add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for about an hour or so.  I use the crock pot, so I don't have to babysit the pot and it's hot throughout the day whenever myself or Jay is ready for it.

recipe

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 cup chicken stock
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of hot sauce (I use Frank's, and 1 cup is spicy, try 1/2 cup for milder)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder

Pour all ingredients into a crock pot on low for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with scallions, crumbled bleu cheese, or shredded cheddar. Freeze for up to 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment