Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Night Cocktail

Well it has been an adventurous week.  My Little Blogspot won best in show at Lamb Around's Blog.  We are finally getting healthy, Brandon had a great Christmas pageant at school, and I am ready for the weekend.  With the weather being so cold, I like to snuggle up with a hot cup of coffee or tea.  But to kick off the weekend, I think it will be a hot apple cider cocktail.

This is so easy, and can be made individually or in large batches for the holidays.  If you choose to do it in a large batch, by all means use a slow cooker, and have the guests serve themselves.  For me tonight, it will be a single serving (or two).  Enjoy the weekend!

recipe (one cocktail)

8 oz apple cider
1 shot of butterscotch schnapps (1.5 oz)
1 cinnamon stick

Warm the apple cider in a heat proof mug, add schnapps and stir with a cinnamon stick.  I used the apple cider K-cup for the Keurig on the 8 oz serving.  To make it for a crowd, just multiply the amount of schnapps and cider.  Float cinnamon sticks in the slow cooker. 

Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment